Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Review: essence colour&go nail polish in English Rose



Hey, fellow beauties!



Today I wanted to talk to you about something that featured in my January favourites some two weeks or so ago. It's the essence nail polish in the colour English Rose.



To me, English rose is two things: Firstly, it is a perfect spring colour. And secondly, it is something I wouldn't usually go for if I moved within my comfort zone. As a new year's resolution, I solemnly pledged to myself to step out of my comfort zone more often and take more 'risks'. Of course to most of you a dusky pink might not look overly daring but being drawn to very dark and strong colours it definitely is for me.
I'm sure this resolution will bring me some teeth grinding and misspent money in the course of the year, but luckily not with this one.





English Rose is a colour that looks pretty much exactly like you would imagine a colour when you heard the name. It's a dusky pink that goes into a berry / violet colour in the right light that reminds me strongly of cherries. Usually, the colour 'cherry' is a screaming red, but I mean actual cherries, for example like how they look if you buy them in tins and mix them into your yoghurt. That's an odd description but I pondered long on it and I do think it suits the colour in natural light perfectly.
When wearing it under artificial light, like lamps or some such, the colour deepens a little bit which reminds me of blackberries. This is why I'm pretty sure I'll get a lot of wear of this coming autumn as well.




As almost always with the colour&go range of this brand, the texture and quality of this nail polish are fabulous. When I painted my nails with it the first time, I thought it might be on the runnier side, but this turned out to be wrong, I just forgot to shake it the first time I used it. Haha, whoopsie!
The texture is actually of a medium thickness, which is my favourite, because if you're doing it well you can get away with only one coat of colour. But if you're like me and a little bit OCD and can't stand only one coat, it's no problem because the range sticks true to its name and dries really fast. Because I mainly use nail polishes by essence I have never felt the urge to purchase a quick dryer for the nails, I was always completely happy with the things I had in my little (or not so little) manicure box.

I'm sure you're sick and tired of my praising the nail polishes of catrice and essence, but as a fact you won't get this quality at this price (between 2 € and 3 €, depending where you are) again. They are real gems of the drugstore milieu and if you should stumble across them, don't hesitate to give them a go, at this price you can't really get much wrong.


What do you think of this brand? Or what are your favourite drugstore brands for nail polishes? Let me know in the comments, lovelies!


xx







3 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous colour!
    I love it when you find nail polishes that are really inexpensive but still great quality.
    Great blog!

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that colour, really suits you! Would love if you'd have a little look at my blog, follow on bloglovin if you like it and I'll follow back! xoxo
    The perks of being a hipster

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love essence nail polishes to, they do such a great thing for so cheap :)

    xo Mélane
    Selfhelp | Inspiration | Motivation

    ReplyDelete